Saturday, March 12, 2011

Halloween Bento

Halloween Bento

bento bonanza
This is a Halloween Bento that I made last year. There's a bat shaped piece of chicken, an egg skull, and cabbage bun pumpkin. There's also rice, green onions, and a pickle. That stuff that looks like hay is dried squid jerky.

bento bonanza
Here's a close up of the pumpkin. I used some food coloring to color the dumpling/bun and used seaweed for the face.

bento bonanza
Here is the skull. I just cut around a hard boiled egg to create the shape and of course the black parts again are seaweed.
bento bonanza
This is the bat. I don't think it turned out too well. I'd fried up a thin piece of chicken and then cut it with a bat shaped cookie cutter and then covered it with a piece of seaweed that was cut the same way. I think it may have turned out better if I'd wrapped the entire thing with seaweed and trimmed around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment